Thursday, March 24, 2011

Skivvy Girl: The Love of a Post WWII Japanese Pleasure Girl

I have just published my latest book, Skivvy Girl, on Creative Space and Kindle. I'm working on providing access via other ebook platforms. I will be posting comments on my email: emercer2@tampabay.rr.com, my WEB site: www.earnestmercerbooks.com, Facebook, and Twitter.

Skivvy Girl is a poignant story of a Matsuyama Yoshiko, a seventeen-year-old that turns to prostitution for sustenance after be left destitute by the death of her father on Iwo Jima. She undergoes an initiation that will bring tears to your eyes, but survives to eventually meet a kindly young American sailor with whom she forms a relationship that lasts for the duration of the sailor's assignment in Japan. They face incredible odds for a lasting romance, enduring language problems, cultural differences, military regulations, and natural calamities. In the end, their karma cannot protect them from the ultimate disaster.

Readers can purchase the book from Creative Space, Amazon, Kindle, and directly from me via email or telephone (863-967-2077). Ordering directly from me will save postal expense and tax.